Player Interview: Jarey Elder, DB, West Chester

 In our second player interview, we talk with another player familiar to the City of Philadelphia, Jarey Elder, a two-time All-American defensive back out of division II powerhouse West Chester. Elder, hails from Allentown, PA, the same hometown of Philadelphia Stars legend Mike Lush. Elder was an All- Area player at wide receiver for powerhouse eastern PA high school, Parkland. Elder would then transition to defense at the collegiate level and go to have a truly generational career at West Chester including All-American, All-ECAC and PSAC Defensive of the Year Selections. 

Elder played this past spring in The Spring League for the Blues organization. 


So, just a basic question to start, what will you bring to the Philadelphia Stars?


I will bring my ball hawking ability, leadership, and my ability to play both the free and strong safety as well the nickel position.


Awesome. So, what NFL player would you compare yourself too?


Tyrann Mathieu and Budda Baker. They both are able to play all over the field in the box and free. They are leaders and are reliable playmakers.


So, you played at West Chester in a competitive DI conference, however not many people know that, and most people have a negative stigma or opinion about small school guys because of the perceived lack of competition. What's your response to people who say you aren’t good enough because you're not from a D1 program?


I love when people look at my DI background and think negatively about me. Being a DII player is why I will always be hungrier than the man next to me. DII and DIII programs have dogs. Everyone’s opportunities in life are different. I had 3 division 1 offers coming out of high school and one PWO. I’ve trained with some top DI talent and last season in the spring league played against some top DI talent. It’s no different than what I saw ever Saturday in the PSAC. I proved that I was one of the top safeties in the spring league and now it’s time to take it up a notch.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Potential Head Coaches